Friday, March 11, 2011

Passport Fun

Let me rephrase that - getting passports is NOT fun!  I think I was in a little bit of denial in thinking the passports wouldn't be that much of a dent in our pockets.  I was WRONG.  Nearly $500 later...they were being sent out, and expedited, to ensure the reservation of our plane tickets.  Eek!  Praying that God pulls through and still provides us with the funds we need for this trip.  While we need to raise $5000, I suppose I neglected to think about, or mention, that that amount didn't include the huge passport fees and the super 'fun' shots we will have to get in preparation before leaving.  Got to trust God on this - already starting to be pretty clear how much he wants us there!  I read this quote today and loved it, "Where God guides, he provides." I will cling to this truth...   

On another note, just saw and heard the news about the earthquake and Tsunami affecting Japan right now.  Wow, how heartbreaking.  Here I am complaining about passport $$, when all over the world, disasters and things like this happen.  Sometimes I think,...how unbelievably spoiled and blessed we are here in America?  ...I pray I never take that for granted.  If anything, I hope that this Kenya trip helps to put that more into perspective for me.  Material possessions are just 'stuff.'  You can't take it with you when you die, so why do we all get so bent out of shape about it all?

No comments:

Post a Comment